Monday, January 14, 2013

Downstream Photography

As you may or may not know, I've started taking classes in web design. In one of my classes last semester, I had to create a website from scratch using HTML5 and CSS3 and a notepad editor only. For my first website created without the help of a website editor, I created a website for Bill's photography business, Downstream Photography. I made two versions of the site, a desktop and a mobile version. If you click this link from a desktop, you will see the desktop version, and if you click this link from a mobile device, you'll see the mobile version:




These are snapshots of what the homepage looks like in the mobile and desktop versions. As you might have noticed from the "Vote Now" button on the homescreen, Bill has entered a contest to photograph Soundgarden in L.A. The contest is decided through a combination of popular vote and a decision by the judges. In order to vote, you must have a Facebook, Twitter, or be a member of Talenthouse (The site running the contest. It's actually pretty cool. If you become a member--it's open to artists, musicians, etc., you can enter their various contests. Membership is free.) If you'd like to give Bill a vote (I'd love it if you would!), click this button:
Vote Now

No comments:

Post a Comment